There are 8 social media policies that Cosmetics Undustry should be aware.
1. Research about different segments of target audience: It is the priority rule for the success of the cosmetic companies. Company should consider from customers’ views and research about what they expect the company to have on different social media platforms and analyze the best platforms working along with the different segments.
2. Focus on cultivating company culture: Exposing on the social media means cultivating its company culture. Every tool of the social media platforms represents the image of the company. So it is important to keep the culture value of transparency, consistency, connection, creativity and promptness.
3. Keep Transparency: Social media is all about transparency. Especially for the cosmetic industry, it is necessary for the company to show all cosmetic ingredients in the products. It could eliminate the allergy and roseola. Choosing the best products and considering the safety about customers can build the long-term trust.
4. Train Employees on Social media: As a leading cosmetic company, they have the ability to increase employees’ accountability and set expectations while dealing with the social media. It is important to make every employee to aware and update the new trends on the social media and let them be the core people to create value for company and customers.
5. Focus on communication and engagement instead of selling: As we all know, customers become more passive online than before. It is important to keep in mind for cosmetic companies to make customers motivated and active in the dialogue on social media rather selling or advertising products.
6. Present an additional value of the products: Cosmetic industry is very competitive and it has a short life span for fashion trends. It is important for customers to understand the additional value instead of the products itself. Such as its Michelle Phan exclusively collection.
7. Keep update on Pinterest and Instagram: In the cosmetic industry, pictures talk and communicate. The secret of success in the cosmetic company is keeping update the trends, popularity, and new products on Pinterest and Instagram. Making customers stay connected and starts the conversation among them.
8. Monitor comments: The cosmetic company’s responsibility on the social media is monitoring and responding the either positive or negative comments from customers. It is crucial to respond the comments timely and respectfully.